I am starting my own meme!
So, the rules. You want to know them? They’re pretty simple.
1. List the 10 books/collected works/series that you would bring on a desert island.
2. (Optional) Say why you would bring them.
3. Link to the person who linked to you.
4. Tag 6 people to also do the meme.
5. Leave a comment to let those people know.
So… my 12. Haven’t thought long and hard about them, so I could completely change the next second.
1. Work of David McCullough. – Need I say more? I’ve read John Adams, 1776, and Mornings on Horseback. Still have Truman, The Great Bridge, The Johnstown Flood, and The Path Between the Seas.
2. Harry Potter series – just for kicks. I always need a bit of old Harry to remind me of my childhood.
3. Collected Works of William Shakespeare – I’ve enjoyed the plays that I have read, and I know that he would last me YEARS.
4. The Adams Family Papers – I can dream, right? I know the full collection probably costs about a thousand dollars, but it could just be sitting on the island, right? *silence* Well, I love these books. I don’t own any, but someday….
5. The Collected Works of Beatrix Potter – On a desert island, I’d be pretty terrified. I might need some rabbits dressed in suits to calm me down.
6. All my history textbooks. – So I can reminisce.
7. Oxford English Dictionary – what fun!
8. Jane Austen’s books
9. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
10. Notebooks. Hundreds of notebooks. Not exactly a book, but I think I would need some.